9.08.2010

americana



[She will kiss you till your lips bleed, but she will not take her dress off. Americana, tropicana.] Regina Spektor's sailor song pops in my when i say the word...even though she's Russian. Whatever, she's a goddess. In the spirit of labor day. I have some really great red, white and blue, patriotic, Americana, team USA items in my possession right now. For some reason, I've been very drawn to that lately. Pride is good, I guess. But I think I picked them more for their bold aesthetic. Debatable when it comes to your outfit, but I argue in complete defensive of a red, white and blue get-up. Pictured is my Aunt Judy being oh so patriotic featured in a 1972 edition of Seventeen Magazine for running for Miss Teen America. Isn't her quote great to come out of the mouth of an 18 year old? She preaches it still today. Visit the shop to get your hands on an Americana majorette uniform or learn to rock an eagle bolo tie!

No comments:

Post a Comment