9.10.2010

if that was that and this was this





















These are two photo projects that I am so in love with. Such simple concepts that are oh so delightful. If there was a five thousand page book full I would flip pages all day. In the first series above, Rob Matthews and Tom Edwards are doing just the reverse of what still life painters do every day. Instead of illustrating something tangible, these geniuses are recreating an illustration and photographing it. Simply put- “Tom gave drawings to Rob and Rob tried to make them into photographs.” The outcome is creative and hilarious. Someone with a sketch book should seriously consider turning it over to me so we can try this!! Read the article here. The next project, by sincerely hana in vancouver, is titled "the switcheroo." Taking nicely styled hipsters, she shoots them side by side, they trade clothes and recreate the others hair-do, and she shoots them again. It's brilliant! With the long haired boys you really have to look. I'm making my boyfriend do it with me tomorrow. He doesn't know this yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment