7.24.2010

embracing taxidermy







I'm heading to my Dad's to swipe one of his mounted white tail deer heads right NOW! I have gone from  being indecisive about the unusual practice of preserving and displaying dead animals to wanting them everywhere. Like these rad sisters, Hollister and Porter Hovey. I could possibly enjoy lounging in one of these decked out taxidermy chairs by French designer Michel Haillard...possibly. Sadly, the only thing I was not allowed to buy in Jerry's Used Furniture store today was a beautiful set of antelope horns. Tease. But, lucky me- I'm going to an estate sale tomorrow with "taxidermy items" for sale. Fingers crossed. Also, seen above is Chuffy the mouse driving his guinea pig time machine. This taxidermy curiosity and must-have table topper is available for £594.99 at Top Hat Taxidermy. Forget it! I'm just going to make my own real squirrel lamp!

No comments:

Post a Comment