8.07.2010

contraband


Above: deserted, dragonfly infested swimming pool at last weekend's estate sale of insane hoarders. Good for me, bad for them...except that one day I will be them by purchasing all their hoarded possessions... 
And, however disgusting, I could not resist sharing with you the link to Taryn Simon's gallery preview NY Times posted for her upcoming photography exhibit on strange contraband at Kennedy Airport. A deer penis? Cow-dung toothpaste? A plastic pitcher of salami? Who thinks their grandma is going to enjoy these souvenirs? There's going to be 1,075 photos, all shot in only 5 days, shown in both Beverly Hills and New York. Since I'll be missing that, the upcoming coffee table book will surely be mine. Am I weird?

2 comments:

  1. wow! the photographs of contraband are weird and wacky and wonderful. I think I'll buy the book too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a little weird. But some of those items were weirder. What were those people thinking. I just want to know what some of them were being used for. Why would someone want counterfeit Disney nesting dolls. Or lard. LOL

    ReplyDelete