8.09.2010

good habits








I fell in love with tobacco pipes at a very young age. Yes, it's true. The scent I could catch while walking past old men smoking pipes on a bench at Sequoyah Marina in the summer will never fade from memory. It puts me back there every time I catch a whiff. I even tried to pick up the habit once just to get that deja vu. I knock no one for indulging in this fine gentlemanly cheeching method. In fact, I'm afraid the pipe is fading and encourage more dapper young males to pick up the habit...partly for my benefit. Check out very talented, 19 year old photographer (second photo above), Simon Filip's biography pic to see what I'm talking about. He's hitting it spot on (third photo). I think I should just befriend some elderly scotch drinking men.  
With this, I have for you a collection of three, great vintage pipes. One stitched leather, one with a metal stem and screw off filter, and one sport stub with carvings. To indulge with or just to view.



No comments:

Post a Comment